PE and Sports Premium
Linby cum Papplewick C of E Primary School recognises that all pupils should have equal access to a curriculum which will enable them to reach their potential. The sports funding premium is a Government initiative that provides schools with additional funding. This is designed to help children get an active start in life, supporting primary schools to improve the quality of their PE and sport provision so that pupils experience the benefits of regular exercise from becoming healthier both mentally and physically to improved behaviour and better academic achievement.
We are committed to using this resource in developing high quality PE lessons which are appropriately resourced, alongside greater opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all children.
Our Physical Education aims:
- To develop the children’s enjoyment of physical education through creativity and imagination.
- To enable children to develop and explore physical skills with increasing control and co-ordination.
- To encourage children to work and play with others in a range of group situations.
- To develop the way in which children perform skills and apply rules and conventions for different activities.
- To increase children’s ability to use what they have learnt to improve their quality and control of their performance.
- To teach children to recognise and describe how their bodies feel during exercise.
- To develop an understanding in children of how to succeed in a range of physical activities and how to evaluate their own success.
- To provide children with a skillset which can be used and developed throughout their lives.